Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Wow! After 17 years, I have made an update!

Hello all -

Quick introduction. My name is Anthony and I have been collecting for a while. I started in 1997 and went crazy. I ended up with a lot of stuff as you can see but I certainly started in the golden age of Vintage Computer collecting as I have many many gems.

My website hasn't been updated in quite some time. There is a combination of reasons for this.
  1. Laziness
  2. I haven't had a lot of time
  3. HTML is a pain in the butt and I don't know how I had the time to do it
So. I am going to try to use a blog, insert photos and update this way. Since my last post in February 2002, a lot has happened.

I moved, I had to get rid of stuff because I had way too many machines and I wasn't paying certain lines any attention - eg Amigas, Microbees, Tandys, Amstrads, Coleco Adam, Xerox 820s, Spectrums and lots of obscurities. I decided to rationalise my collection along the following lines -

  • Commodore 8-bits and a small range of other interesting Commodore devices
  • Atari 8-Bits (bye bye Falcon, TT and STs)
  • Apple everything
  • IBM PCs (but not clones, bye Compaq portables and other obscurities)
  • Game Consoles are IN!
  • Whatever I want that doesn't fit in this criteria but I like.

So. Here I am in 2019 with a shed still full of all sorts of stuff.

Here is what it looks like today.

Roll A Door Top View

The Lovely Pets (5 of 11)

PC Side - note the software up top is all CBM

Alternative view of PC side

View of Stack and down Apple Side

PC Side to Pets - note drives and tape drives for CBM

Some of my Apples

Console area (machines below bench)

More C64s than you can poke a stick at

The scary debris field




I have deliberately hidden the back area which needs a lot of work. My vision is to have my key equipment on benches in operational condition with their drives available to use while on the upper level - maximising bench space and maximising display rather than being on shelves.

I have also created an area where I can blog, work, do demonstrations of some of my interesting stuff - the IBM JX with 10 MB Hard Disk will likely be my first video demonstration. I will avoid doing videos of equipment that has already been done to death, but some of my unique kit would be worth showing. I have enough accessories, add ons and tools to make the videos interesting. 


I also have a nice work bench area with repair and software transferring tools - so I can get all the demonstration stuff working, back the software up and get any software required that I don't already have. I have recently bought the SuperCard Pro and will be putting that through its paces to back up some unusual software that I have in here.


Anyway, I hope to regularly contribute about what I am doing and what my progress is on projects - so... hello! Feel free to comment!





No comments:

Post a Comment

In January/February a lot has happened. Acquisitions - - Atari PC3 (damaged one delivery) - Compaq AlphaServer DS20E - Digital AlphaSer...